Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve tried to think of everything but if we missed something you don’t see answered here, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How many homes will be in Sirocco at Pine Creek?
Sirocco at Pine Creek will be a community of over 1,200 homes once complete.
- What is the expected time frame to complete Sirocco at Pine Creek?
We anticipate that the community will be fully developed in approximately eight years.
- Will there be a Homeowner Association in Sirocco at Pine Creek?
To keep Sirocco’s parks, landscaping and other features beautifully maintained, there will be a Homeowner Association. Residents will be responsible for a mandatory fee of $150 per year, per single family home.
- What is the difference between a Community Association and a Resident or Homeowner Association?
A Community Association is a voluntary organization formed by residents of an area to:
- Manage and direct its social and recreational activities
- Act as an intervener in civic matters (planning and development)
- Plan, develop and maintain community facilities and amenities
A Resident / Homeowner Association is a compulsory organization created by a land developer to:
- Manage and maintain community amenities (entrance signage, ornamental parks and ponds, boulevard landscaping and building) that the City will not maintain
Membership in a Resident / Homeowner Association is compulsory and the annual fee is collected by the association through a caveat on title.
- Can I bring my own builder?
We do not allow homeowners to use their own builders, as we have carefully selected a group of skilled and trusted builders to craft each home and maintain a curated aesthetic throughout the community.
- When will ridge lots become available?
The desirable ridge lots are expected in phases four to seven, with sales to begin as early as 2021.
- What home styles & builders are offered in Sirocco at Pine Creek?
To appeal to your individual needs and taste, each phase will offer differing product types and, potentially, different builders. Phase one offers front drive homes from Morrison Homes, Shane Homes, Sterling Homes and Trico Homes, along with paired homes from NuVista homes. Learn more about the home styles and architectural guidelines here.
- When will the paving of 210th Ave be completed?
210th is now open, providing convenient access to West Macleod
- What schools can Sirocco residents attend?
The community of Sirocco is currently part of the Foothills School Division. However, homeowners can contact the Ron Southern School in Silverado about registering as an out-of-boundary student.
For up to date information, please refer to the following websites:
Foothills School Division: https://www.fsd38.ab.ca/
Calgary Board of Education: https://www.cbe.ab.ca/Pages/default.aspx
Calgary Catholic School District: https://www.cssd.ab.ca/Pages/default.aspx
- What amenities can residents expect in Sirocco at Pine Creek?
Residents will be able to enjoy a variety of amenities in and around the community, including:
- Storm pond
- Four parks
- Middle School site with sports field
- Golf at Sirocco Golf Club
- Equestrian activities and the Cavalry FC at Spruce Meadows
- Nearby shopping in Silverado, Legacy, Walden and Shawnessy
- A future recreation centre in Belmont
- Granary Road Market
- When will the green spaces, pathways and playgrounds be completed?
The playground in phase one is now complete, and remaining parks will be completed with their accompanying phase.
- Will there be commercial amenities in the community?
There will be a small neighbourhood commercial area in phase two and a larger scale commercial site is planned within walking distance in neighbouring communities.
- Who maintains the parks?
As the developer, Anthem United is initially responsible for building and maintaining all park spaces, but the City of Calgary and the Homeowners Association will take this on once we hand the community over.
- Who is responsible for street cleaning and snow removal in the streets of the community?
Anthem United is responsible for regular snow removal and street sweeping of the roads in active phases for approximately two years. Once complete, please refer to the City’s bylaws.